No, I'm not one of those sorts!



There are numerous horror stories of bloggers being bothered by representatives of various companies and it saddens me to hear that Younique is one of them! First things first, to get it off my chest...I'M A YOUNIQUE REPRESENTATIVE!!! No way do I represent those ladies out there that are haressing the blogging community in fact, you could say that I'm one of the more quiet ladies.

I love Younique! Not had a problem with it and maybe that's the because of the way that I handle my business. I'm not the sort to go out and hound people while shoving products in their faces and following with 'this is good! you should buy it!'. That's not I'm all about. My reasons for joining Younique were out of a whim and desperation to make a profit on the side because lets face it, as a college student with a casual job I've not got a lot of time on my hands.

My clients are mostly close friends and family with the occasional new person and for me, that works. I don't go out looking for others because I know what it feels like to be harassed by such companies. I invite people to like my page or to join my group. If they're not interested then that's fine (defiantly not going to turn around and continue to pester them about having to join).

What irritates me is that there are rules to being part of such companies. Knowing that still there are those who are out there not following them and in a way cheating to make profits! I worked hard to get to where I was. It meant getting out of my comfort zone, putting in my own funds and the payback for it is has been worthwhile. There are those of us who work hard to get to where we are on the ladder! To those out there who have turned a blind eye to the structure of the company shame on you!!!

So to those of you who might think that representatives of such companies are mean, horrible, time wasters; please think again! Some of us really aren't bad people! We're just doing something that interests and makes us happy.


26 comments

  1. I really hate it when people harass me trying to try their stuff. Fortunately I haven't been bothered by those people from Younique. In fact I have never heard about it before reading this post. It's good to hear you are quite professional and not like the other people from that company x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that you're not being harassed by anyone from Younique. It's happened recently because of the new launch in Spain. Everyone to their own way of getting new people on board but I don't agree with harassing as a method.

      Delete
  2. I've been super annoyed by Younique sellers, to the point of me unfriending some people for being too overbaring with it! I'm glad you're taking a different tact though. I am curious to try it, but with eczema I have to be really careful what to slap on my face!

    Lottie xx
    http://lottielamour.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always careful to not overbrand on my pages. I know how frustrating it is to see it pop up constantly in your newsfeed. Even I get annoyed with that. Eczema, I've got friends that suffer from that but she hasn't had a problem with it yet but guess everyone would react to it different.

      Delete
  3. I think it's definitely how you go about it. Those who do it for a little extra cash and convenience then great but those who want to make a living out of it so push it around to others too much are giving others a bad name x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree! I think that's the tipping line where it's a job and where it's a bit of side cash.

      Delete
  4. I never heard of Younique, so never had any problems. I think your business attitude is great. Keep up with good work. R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a fairly new business that's expanding quite quickly. Thank you, it is all about business attitude and think some people forget about that.

      Delete
  5. I've been getting so many messages via instagram of late for all different MLM schemes, it is a shame some people feel the need to work like this. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a couple of friends who sell Younique, they have done everything the correct way as far as I am concerned, they have never tried to sell or private message, or push it in anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was contacted on facebook by a younique representative offering for me to become a representative so I told them I have a blog and that I couldn't afford the starter pack but instead I'd happily do some reviews of some samples for my blog to give them a bit of promotion. So they offered me the starter pack at half price and when I politely turned them down she was very rude and then completely ignored me. I don't see why people need to be rude, never had a problem with Avon representatives with is a similar scheme. It's the people not the brand or scheme! I think it's great that you're trying to earn a bit of extra money, every little helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No one has ever bothered me with Younique products but I have heard so many horror stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i do like some products its the lyers and ones who keep pestering you that give it a bad name

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, I had no idea this was going on. I suppose there are all sorts of folk in all niches. Such a shame a small group has giving folk a bad name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really pleased you are one of the good ones :) I hope your little side business does well, you are going about it the right way.
    If people message me on fb pestering I usually reply with the gun emoticon haha! They don't message again.

    Jenna von x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know a few people who sell these pyramid scheme based products - Forever living, Younique, Jamberry... I get asked to promote them and just decline, but at the end of the day i really don't think there is anything wrong with someone asking a friend to promote their business, if you are willing to then fair enough, it not - no dramas. People get so sensitive about things nowadays! Good luck with your sales :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been bothered by people flogging things, not just younique. Glad to hear there are people out there like you! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you're not pushy with sales. My daughter was just telling me someone who hasn't talked to her in like 10 years messaged her about buying stuff. Not ok.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy your not pushy with sales however I have been contacted so many times and it hasn't been great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pushy sales never get anywhere with me I always like to have a think unless of course I wanted a product in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well said lovely we could all do with extra cash but scamming people is not part of the deal and it reflects badly on the company as you said!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing your story. I've heard a lot of bad things about Younique so it's interesting to hear your perspective. It's great that you're using it to earn money on the side but do it respectfully!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've heard a lot of great things about Younique products and I've tried the mascara and did quite enjoy it. I do feel as though the market is over saturated with sellers though xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was one of those people who was constantly harassed about Younique and it has put me off the brand, it is now happening with Jamberry nail wraps and admittedly it isn't everyone involved who is annoying, it is just those few who spoil it for everyone else x

    ReplyDelete
  21. not heard of yonique until i started blogging, but i think alot of sales reps can be pushy, nice to hear you are one of the good guys!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ive heard so many nightmare with representatives. because of this, they're giving people like you a bad name

    ReplyDelete