2016! What will this year bring?!

Hello 2016! Are you guys looking forward to the new year? I'm pretty interested to know what it will bring to me. In both my own life and in blog progression. I've gone ahead and revamped my blog to show off the type of person that I am.



What I want to accomplish in January 2016.
  • Complete the first month of Project 365
  • Get back on track with healthy eating and regular exercise.
  • Become more organised with blog scheduling.
  • Be more active on all my social accounts.
  • Complete at least two novels. 
  • Keep track of what I buy.
How am I going to achieve these goals?


For those who don't know what Project 365 is, I have to take a picture a day for the whole year. While I would love to use my DSLR and using both the standard lens and my new lens I will also be using my Ipod touch. Viewing the world through different lenses while learning different techniques. My camera will be coming with me wherever I go and I will be setting up reminders throughout the day.  


Health and I have had a continuos on and off relationship. Never in my life have I stuck to a program long enough to notice results. This year I want to start loving my body both mentally and physically. I've joined the Lucy Locket Loves Fitness group and will be incorporating runs and various workout Youtube videos 6 out 7 days in the week. Along with this I want to keep track of my food intake by returning to Slimming World food routine.  


Every blogger should be organised and I'm one that desperately needs to. With college, work and blog writing, planning is a must. Whilst out shopping I went and bout myself a simple and non expensive planner and along with that I have printed various blog planning sheets that I want to laminate so that I can use them over and over. 


There's Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. So many different social networks out there and so hard to keep in track with it all. Through this month I've gotten organised by joining sites to help with scheduling posts. Keeping active on these sights has always been a challenge but this month I plan to change that to the best of my ability. 


I'm terribly when it comes to shopping. See something nice then automatically think 'I'll have that' or 'don't need it but I'll buy it anyways'. I don't keep track and I never really think that I'm spending that much. Then the end of the month the bill comes in and I get the biggest shock of my life! Now I plan to keep all my receipts and record everything on an expense form that I created on excel.


Technology is all around us and it's impossible to avoid! When I was in High School all I ever did was just sit and read. That's something that I greatly miss. Being able to shut myself from the world and enjoy the words written on the page. My eyes are constantly glued to a screen but for January I want to start remembering how nice it felt to just relax with a good book. I've rejoined Goodreads and even set a book goal for 2016.

So then January, I'm all set and ready for you!!! Have you got any January goals?

21 comments

  1. Laminating blog planners for re-use is such a great idea! defo nicking this idea if you don't mind :-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it?! I heard of the idea from a blogger and it's made things easier than printing thousands of pages. Defiantly go for it :D

      Delete
  2. I don't have any specific January goals but I love the sound of Project 365, what a great way to remember the year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Project 365 was a brilliant idea. Loads of people continuously do it year after year. Will be nice to look back at year when it finishes.

      Delete
  3. I love this post! And I really love the idea of project 365. I don't think I get out enough to take a picture a day, and I guess selfies really don't count :)
    I am going to try and take on board some of the others too, especially tracking what I spend!

    secretplussizegoddess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Project 365 does seem like a great opportunity to get out and about. Unless the selfies are artistic don't think they can count though might throw in one or two into the Project as I count them as a memory. Keeping track of expenses is pretty tricky, failed quite a good amount of times with it in the past.

      Delete
  4. Happy new year :) I hope your attain all your goals. I too need to keep a watch on what I'm spending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too :) Thanks, I'm hoping for January to be successful. Keeping a watch on what I spend is way to tricky.

      Delete
  5. Great to get your goals down. I agree with you about the reading, I used to read every night and now it's all social media/blog reading which isn't the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's shameful that I've stopped being such a bookworm and the joy that reading used to give me, I want to be able to return to that time.

      Delete
  6. I'm just the same with reading, lately I've been reading a chapter a night in bed with has been great. Good luck with your goals!

    Laura x

    www.insidelaurashead.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year! Wish you all the best reaching your goals. Don't forget it's 366 photos this year ;) I usually make it a month/ month and a half and then usually forget about it. Gonna try it again this year.
    Same here about watching what I spend. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of taking a picture for every day of the year, I have always wanted to do something like that x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting more organised is something I need to work on too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to start planning my blog posts more this year as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Project 365 sounds like fun. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with achieving your goals, getting organised is one of mine too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. haven't really been thinking about goals yet! good luck with yours :) some gorgeous pics

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best of luck with your 2016 goals. I recently set mine and I'm excited to see what the year brings. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with all your goals. I wrote down my blogging goals, but I yet have to write down my personal goals. Project 365 sounds great!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actaully stopped making 'goals' as such for myself because then if i dont achievethem, then i beat myself up about it. So i take one day at atime and i give myself little daily challenges, nothing big, ie, try not to snack, or spend more time in the fresh air for example.
    but i do nned to be more proactive with my blog planning!
    I hope you have fun :)

    ReplyDelete