It's time for...a blog revamp!

I can't do it! This blog as it is...it's just not starting to feel like it truly expresses me. December 4th marked the very first anniversary for my blog. I started off not knowing what I was doing and just writing about things that I thought I was interested in. More like a chore than anything. Blogging was starting to be not fun like it used to. So it's time for me to say...


Sure I'm interested in what I blog but it's not what I'm passionate about. What's the point of taking the time to write if it isn't what really floats my boat? With realisations I've discovered that I shouldn't be ashamed of what it is that I really love. Each blogger has something that makes them excited to write and it's that which makes people want to read what they wrote.

In terms of revamp it's not going to be a whole new layout just new content. It might not seem like a huge thing for some but for me, I think it's a step forward. It'll include me being more active on my Facebook Page, YouTubeInstagramPinterest and Twitter. I want to be get out there more as well. Can't keep using college as an excuse to not go out and discover things.  

What's the plan for the revamp?

  • New content - ideas ranging from reviews to fashion posts to adventures in London
  • Be active - arrange a schedule and stick to it.
  • Engage - take part in blogger twitter chats, engage with other bloggers and make some new blogger friends
  • Don't be afraid - share what I know and love!
  • Wordpress - decide to merge or get rid of it
Through the month of December I'm hoping to get these revamps started on so after the new year I'm up and ready to start blogging all over again. Of course I'll try to get the odd post up now and again.

Any of you gone through a revamp? Got any tips or tricks to share? 




21 comments

  1. I have been blogging for 4.5 years now, and I have found myself stuck in a rut of only posting review posts. so in the new year I am going to be doing less reviews or having a review round up post and doing more crafts and recipes, that I started out doing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eekk so excited to see what is too come for you! Enjoy your revamp and everything you do :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in your revamp, I can't wait to see when you have launched it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, you'll have to let us know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping to revamp too as I have been blogging 4 and a half months and I would like to take it to the next level. Good luck hope you find your feet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!! Good luck hun. How exciting!
    I had one when I went self hosted - it was a pain in the butt at the time, BUT I'm so happy about it now. You are going to love the makeover & it will inspire you :D
    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all sound very exciting - good luck with it all. New year, new blog! ;) Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did a similar thing after my first year of blogging. After a year I think you realise what it is you want from your blog, before then I think we all just experiment and try and find where we fit in. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck to you with all of your blogging goals. I agree, it's the unique voice and passion of the writer that draws me to be a return visitor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the revamp! I can't wait to see what the new blog looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes a change is as good as a rest! I had a blog revamp a couple of years ago, and now I am ready for a new one again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being active and engaging more are both going to be my new years resolutions!!! Good luck with the revamp, hope you're happier with your blog afterwards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes a change is a great idea, keeps you motivated to keep going x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope it all goes well for you. Looking forward to the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Luck with this! The new year is a great time to start something like a revamp =) can't wait to see the new look

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting! Can't wait to see your new blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely do not be afraid. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next phase of your blog is going to look and feel like. It sounds pretty amazing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck! Revamps can be hard but stick with what you want to achieve and if you run into troubles ask for help... I am sure together we can resolve everything

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh good luck! I did a total revamp at the end of 2014 and it really helped me to move forward during 2015. I'm going to do a bit of a freshen up and planning session over this Christmas holiday, hoping it does the same again. Can't wait to see the result of your revamp :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm considering doing the same actually, I blog usually about beauty but then added a bit of travel, and on the odd occasion music/movies. I need to organise and schedule and stick to it! Good luck with your revamp :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like you have a clear vision of where you want to take your blog. Your readers will enjoy it. All the best!

    ReplyDelete