My Daily Routine (Health version)

Good morning everyone!!! I thought to take a spin on things and do a my daily routine post (the health version). This is what I go through on my 6 days of the week when I workout and keep an eye on what I eat. Routine wise, the only difference is the exercise video I choose to use and of course the meal for the day. With that out of the way onto my daily routine.

1) Morning Cardio. 
Every morning after I have breakfast, I head out the door to get some light cardio in. Whether it's running or walking (at a medium fast pace). It gives me a chance to clear my mind and just get out of the house for a while.

2)Draw a plan.
Returned home, time to come up with my exercise plan for the day. This also gives me some time to chill out and cool down. I'll have a look at some of my favourite health sites such as Blogilates and Tone It Up to see what I can pick and mix to create my own routine for the day. Before I use to follow just one of the calendars but my body has picked up on the same repetitive moves so got to mix it up now. One day would be an abs and legs day, another might be a HIIT day.

3)Snack.
After cardio is a good time to get in your carbs for the day because it helps with recovery and muscle growth. My carbs would be a bowl of cereal or toast with yogurt. I'm no health expert but my research and many words of advice tell me that it's best to eat your carbs in the morning and after a workout. First thing in the morning is a good time because you've just woken up but if like me and you're doing a morning cardio session then go for a shake instead cause then that way you're burning fat instead of fuel.

4)Relax or get things done.
Until afternoon, I use the time to get things around the house done.  Check emails, work on a blog post and such. Once I'm back at home then I'll start prepping any food needed for dinner. Lately I've been buying small packets of vegetables and making a soup for dinner. The perfect light meal for the end of the day. Lunch I will stick with protein based meal so that would be fish and veg, meat and veg.

5)Workout time.
After I've let my meal have time to work it's way through and I'm energised once again then it's onto part two of my workout. That would be my list of workouts that I've compiled for the day. I'll move furniture around and grab weights if needed for the routine. I'm not a big fan of using weights and always prefer to use my own body weight.

6)Recover.
What a workout! I'm probably sweating like crazy and feeling puffed out. Yet I'm filled with a great sense of achievement. As my heart rate goes back to normal I'll put everything back and then decided bath vs shower. Either way I'll start prepping, get my towel, PJs, face cleansing products and give myself time to stop sweating. I find that jumping straight into the bath or shower makes me feel less relaxed without my chill out time.

7)Day has come to an end. 
End of the day, all that's left to do is have dinner. This is my favourite part of the day where I can do as I please and crawl into bed feeling accomplished.

That's my routine for each day (with the exception of my rest days). Do you have a health routine?



20 comments

  1. Wow that's a lot of exercise! I try to go to the gym once a day, usually straight after work. I do cardio on a few various machines and then go and do some weights. I like to do a lot of both but sometimes I pick one or the other and that seems to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it sounds like you really have your day well planned out! I have to admit I don't have a routine at all. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are very well organised, I find if I try to organise my day it goes all out so I just go with the flow, know what needs doing and get it done throughout the day. I am terrible though and don't do the exercise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organized lady and all that exercise to boot! I need you in my life to motivate me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow now that is organised! I am so impressed that you managed to get all of that done x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My health routine at the moment involves chasing around after a very busy toddler! Well done - you have a very organised day. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I wish I could do as much exercise as you I am so unmotivated when it comes to fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I either like to work out first thing on a morning or last thing at night xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use a Fitbit to try and make sure I do 10,000 steps a day but apart from that I have no exercise routine at all. I'm feeling really lazy now :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always do my cardio first thing in the morning, just so I can't skip it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use a Fitbit as well. That's all I do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really have your day planned out, mine never goes to plan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great day - I wish I had more time to fit exercise in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a huge amount of exercise. I wish I had time for half of that. I have been thinking about doing a home fitness dvd that my toddler can get on board with too. OOOOO is there one like that?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a good routine - I have been so busy lately that my health has been given a low priority - this post has made me think though, I do need to give it a priority don't I!! A plan sounds like a good idea to keep me motivated x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel very lazy reading about your daily routine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your routine - I love seeing how other people manage their time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done you!!
    My routine is sorting the kids out, getting them to school on time, get home, get a wash load in, hang to dry, hoover house.... Blah blah
    This is all exercise, it's just boring.
    Best bit is taking the dogs for a walk!! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  19. OK, now you've made me feel really lazy, haha! But seriously... I totally need to up my fitness game. Starting tomorrow!!! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds fantastic - my exercise is limited to a couple of brisk 30 minute dog walks per day until my back is better

    ReplyDelete