Goodbye dear Yamaha R1

I can still remember how ecstatic he was when he got his new Yamaha R1. Couldn't wait to go out and see what power it held. Since the moment it got into his garage, it was all about that bike. With Yamaha's mention in the coming year of the brand new Yamaha R1M, he jumped on the opportunity to trade his R1 for the newer bike. It wasn't without a heavy heart that he said his goodbyes. A photoshoot opportunity arose and I couldn't pass on the moment of taking some good shoots before the truck came to collect it. So goodbye R1, you made one motorbike rider a happy sole to have them in their life for such a short amount of time. Hope you're next owner treats you as well as he did.





14 comments

  1. Aaaahhh, it looks fab. It's always sad when your vehicle is replaced

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I know the heavy heart feeling, I got a BMW car for my birthday but was still sad to say by to my Peugeot xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww hopefully it goes off to a lovely new home, it is amazing how attached a man can be to his bike. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate goodbyes, a sad. Men do love their toys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless him he does look absolutely gutted to be saying goodbye x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate selling my old cars, even though I am excited to get the new one, there is a weird emotional attachment there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a colour. I hope that the new bike is just as loved as this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post, I know I'll be upset when it comes to me getting a new car. I love the colour of the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They say you never get over your first love... ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to love motorbikes as a teen - my then boyfriend has a Suzuki and it was awesome.Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pictures, it can be hard to say goodbye to things sometimes. I'm sure it's happy in its new home! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It had to be a very sad day... saying goodbye to your bike (even if you are getting a new one) is never easy... I still get tear in my eye when I think about my first ever marauder and the day it had to go to a new home :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband was gutted when his Honda Blackbird found a new home. He still talks about it now, wondering what it is getting up to.

    ReplyDelete