That was in the past...how time flies #blogtoberchallenge


I never considered it in the past. Yet something told me to give it a go. That it would give me a whole new insight to how I looked at myself. My first time was when I joined a company that were looking for models. Then after that I was hooked. Out of all the photo shoots this is the one that sticks the most. It might be because before this shoot, I started a new relationship and I couldn't quite figure out why he choose me out of all the single girls out there?

I went to this shoot with all these questions in my mind and my confidence teetering on the line. Upon arrival they greeted me with smiles and drinks. I took the time to decide the sort of look that I was looking for. Got my makeup done, hair done and before I knew it, it was my turn for a shoot. Nervous, excited, I was just a mix of emotions but I was still able to have a laugh and enjoy my time. I was brave enough to also have a lingerie shoot (something I never thought of doing).

Weeks went by until I finally got my copy of all the photos. Gobsmacked! That's the only way I can describe how I felt when I looked at the photos. That couldn't be me?! Did they send me the right photos?! OMG!!! I looked...amazing!!! I shared the photos with friends and family and everyone was astounded by how good I looked. Compliments all around and a very proud boyfriend who knew that I was very hesitant to have this shoot (begged him to come with me, sadly he couldn't).

Looking at this photo constantly reminds me that unless I try, I never will know what the outcome will be like. That even though I think I'm not beautiful, unique and such I'm actually a pretty outstanding young woman and should be proud of it!

16 comments

  1. You are beautiful, unique and 'such' - I can assure you.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful, unique and 'such' - I can assure you.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! And you are braver than I could ever possibly be! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! Well done on going ahead and doing the photoshoot despite your insecurities. Bet you are glad you did it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing! Well done on going ahead and doing the photoshoot despite your insecurities. Bet you are glad you did it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look absolutely amazing! You are very brave! I couldn't but wish I could x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely amazing and I love that shade of blue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo! Wouldn't catch me in my underwear in front of the camera! Much braver than me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the photo is stunning - no wonder you are pleased! Definitely worth framing :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! I've never been confident enough to try one of these shoots but after what you've said maybe I should give one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very inspirational! I think you look great. Good luck with your Blogtober challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw how lovely it is amazing how much power photos hold and you look stunning. Good luck with Blogtober x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking good! Inspiring post, good luck with the rest of blogtober :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The photo is amazing and it sounds like it was a real confidence boost for you. Perhaps this is something I should have a go at, my confidence could do with some repair

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing photo - you look amazing :) a great reminder to grasp things and try them. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful experience, and a great reminder of the unknown ending up been awesome! I love your photo! You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete