Creepy Sounds, getting into the spirit of things

Halloween is getting closer and closer, so allow me to share some songs to get you into the spooky monster mood. Apologies if any of these freak you out!!!

Number One



This is was and still is part of my nightmares! It is the reason behind why I don't like circuses and can't tolerate clowns. IT was a movie that I made the mistake of watching as a child and ever since then I haven't been able to stop crying, screaming or shuddering whenever a clown shows up. The theme song for the movie is beyond creepy (especially to someone who hates clowns).



Number Two

Another childhood movie. A Nightmare on Elm Street made it difficult for me to sleep at night. These days the movie doesn't have that much of an effect on me but for little me, the theme song was a constant reminder to not close my eyes and dream.

Number Three

Whilst I was I was learning Japanese, one of my teachers informed us about a game that children play. The game is played where one child is chosen as the monster and sits blindfolded in the middle where the other children join hands, while walking in a circle and chanting the song. When the song ends, the blindfolded child has to try and guess the name of the person in front of them. The game sounds great but the song is a bit haunting to listen to.

Number Four

Children of the Night sung by the witch Sarah from the movie Hocus Pocus. A lovely and haunting melody. There isn't much frightening about this song just the fact that it's so beautiful to listen to. Probably the reason as to why those children followed the song.

Number Five

One of my favourite songs sung by Volcaloid. It's a dark and twisted version of what happened to the characters in Alice in Wonderland. This was one of the first songs that I encountered by Vocaloid. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favourite stories and I enjoyed the twist behind this song.

27 comments

  1. I think I only watched Hocus Pocus of that list, which I love by the way.
    A childhood movie for me that scared me a lot was Chucky, and I remember never liking or playing with dolls again after that... Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only watched Hocus Pocus but I love the song you mentioned! No list of Halloweeny songs would be complete without The Monster Mash. Pure old school cheese but awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the other commentors, I've only watched Hocus Pocus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Hocus Pocus, such a fabulous film x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh god I couldn't even listen to the entirety of any of these because they're so creepy! Hocus Pocus is probably the least scary because it's vaguely amusing xP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ughhh, I hate scary movies! I have to mute all the creepy scenes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this time of year! Great post, I have a Halloween playlist too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post has really got me into the halloween spirit!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen 3 of these, great for getting into the spirit of halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These really got me ready for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Hocus Pocus and now as an adult I can watch It but as a teenager it scared the bejesus out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahah! love spooky sounds, my kids dont though and they screamed at me to stop watching these haha! Trick or treating is no fun with these miseries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can not comment I do not watch scary movies x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love horror movies! I love 'A nigtmare on Elm Street', it's my favourite movie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a wimp and I can't do scary movies- Hocus Pocus is great though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to admit I love a good Spooky / Scary film and I have watch those on your list - hadn't heard the song or the game though! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never thought about creating a Halloween playlist but yours has inspired me and I'm off to create one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the song from Hocus Pocus, I think I need to rewatch it this week. I wonder what Boo will make of it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got spooked pretty easily so I'll have to admit I didn't click on any of these. I will have to pass on my braver husband who likes this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lately I've been pretty spooked by the American Horror Story theme song! So creepy!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Number 4 has always given me chills. I used to sing it to my little sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. My friend is scared to death of clowns! It is to blame for her fear also.

    ReplyDelete
  23. When I was younger I was pretty obsessed with the Nightmare on Elm Street movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how super creepy! I used to watch a lot of horror in my teens but can't now! I am a bit of a baby ;) Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Gawd, Nightmare on Elm Street was so flipping scary to me as a kid/teen. I am so not pressing play in that clip. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great list! I'm so ready to get a scary movie marathon this week! -Jennifer | Modern Chic

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love horrors! Now, I am not only in 100% Halloween mood but also want to watch some horror movie!

    Dominika

    ReplyDelete