Vegan cheesy mac and cheese recipe find

Cheese!!! I'm a cheese lover and as much as I love it, I have been trying my hardest to avoid it like the plague. Now I have my moments of treating myself to a cheesy pizza or a juicy cheeseburger but I want to be able to eat cheese whenever possible. So on a day where I was browsing through my facebook feed I came across a video posted by Buzzfeed for vegan mac and cheese.

Easy ingredients to find and easy enough to make.


The only difference I made was not using onion salt as was bad enough that had onions for the cheese sauce. My thoughts on it... a 8/10. No it doesn't taste the same as the normal mac and cheese but it's so much more filling and enjoyable. The cheese sauce can be kept for another dose of mac or use it to serve over your fish (I did for dinner and it was lovely).  Happiest thought was that as a Slimming World member this meal was FREE!

Have you got any favourite vegan recipes? Ever tried vegan food?

Looking for motivation, new recipes? Have a look at my newest instragram account.

19 comments

  1. I love mac and cheese, this doesn't sound too hard to make either- plus I love the idea of using the sauce on fish too ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend is vegan and she really misses cheese! I will have to tell her about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these sounds great - I shall have to give it a whirl as even though I do eat cheese, I'm always up for trying alternatives. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mac and Cheese is my go too comfort food x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mac and cheese, I add broccoli and cauliflower florets to mine, its yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great recipe, I have just found some coconut based 'cheese' that my daughter can eat (dairy and soya allergy) So will be giving this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh a slimming world free meal as well - I would add in some broccoli and be very very happy with this :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love vegan food and we go through stages of eating it although we are not vegan. I must try this as I think my cheese loving toddler would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had mac and cheese for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been a fan of mac and cheese, but thinking of trying this idea for my CMPI daughter x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mac and cheese is the perfect comfort food - just what we need as the nights get colder :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow this looks great. And something I could really use right now as my little girl has to avoid diary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even though we eat cheese, I may have to give this a go! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great recipe and great for those who can't eat cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this recipe. I eat far to much cheese and this would be brilliant for me to create.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was a vegan for around 2years but ended up going back to being veggie as the cheese was my downfall...love cheese

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  17. My friend always says the one thing that hinders her being a vegan is cheese. She loves cheese like nothing else on this planet. I am not a vegan and I couldn't imagine being one as I love meat, but instead of buying cheap meat and eating it daily, I try to have only a few meat days in a week and then buy organic produce from the farmer. However, at the moment I am on a juice reboot so I am pretty much vegan right now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love mac & cheese. I could never imagine being a vegan though, I do like meat a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I definitely need to try and make this! I love cheesy pasta!

    Ashleigh x
    www.beingashleigh.com

    ReplyDelete