Guest Blogger Post: Gossip Girl DIYs

Not all of us watch Gossip Girl but I’m sure most of us have heard about it and suffer from wardrobe envy. Unfortunately, we can’t all be Park Lane living socialites, but we can still take a piece or 2 from their cupboards, especially with these awesome DIY tutorials J

To start off, I really like Chic Steal’s take on Serena’s crochet necklace J Unfortunately, I’ve not received permission to use her photos so I can only refer you to the link to check it out yourself J


And now on to some self-promotion (kidding! There aren’t that many Gossip Girl DIYs around which is why I have to include mine… really! :P) This Silvertone necklace worn by Serena is both easy to make and easy to look at! Full instructions on: http://hapinesswherever.com/2015/09/21/diy-gossip-girl-silvertone-inspired-spike-necklace/

Georgina may be annoying, but her fashion sense is not! J DIY yourself her RichrocksNYC necklace- almost mistyped it as richgirlsNYC!- with this simple, 5 minute tutorial. All materials readily available at any craft store: http://hapinesswherever.com/2015/09/23/diy-gossip-girl-richrocksnyc-inspired-necklace/


Last but not least is this  video tutorial for the butterfly wall in Serena’s room- it’s a little more complicated than I like (I like quick hacks!) but so pretty I couldn’t resist J https://dianaalexandrab.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/diy-gossip-girl-butterflies-wall/

Hope you like these pieces and look forward to seeing your takes on it! If you post it on your social media accounts, don’t forget to include #whereDIYmeetstherunway so we can take a look and share it for you J

About the Blogger

About me: Hi! I'm Zen and I blog at hapinesswherever.com I was born in Singapore, did my University in Scotland (with Prince William! :P), worked in a factory in Singapore then found myself back in UK doing graduate school. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a fashion designer, but quickly realised I had no talent for it so turned my efforts to making jewelry instead :) I'd like to be able to design jewelry for my blog full-time one day :)

About Hapinesswherever.com : Creative lifestyle blog with regular designer and TV series inspired DIYs. Along the way, I blog about what I use (Makeover Monday- beauty products), where I go (Wandering Wednesday: hapinesswithoutapassport), how I save money (Thrifty Thursday- up cycling), what I eat (Foodie Friday) and what I do ( Summary Saturday: week in review!)

31 comments

  1. I've never actually watched Gossip Girl (I can hear you gasp!) but I read the books. I'll have to check out the series to see how they compare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen gossip girl, maybe I'm too old. I love the jewellery though, proper statement pieces x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Do drop by my blog hapinesswherever.com for more statement piece tutorials :)

      Delete
  3. I've not watched it either, but I love that first necklace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I made 1 to match it on hapinesswherever.com :)

      Delete
  4. I love Gossip Girl! Serena and Blair are so stylish - I envy their wardrobes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These necklaces are lovely. I especially like the one with the long silver spikes on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kacie! :) Do visit hapinesswherever.com for more DIYs :)

      Delete
  6. I've never seen Gossip Girl. I love the gold necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What some fantastic DIY ideas, I have to admit to only watching a few seasons of Gossip Girl, I should really try and finish it all. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I have more GG DIYs on hapinesswherever.com :)

      Delete
  8. I love gossip girl! And those are some greta DIY ideas! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks London Mum, do visit hapinesswherever.com for more DIYs :)

      Delete
  9. I've never watched gossip girl, although my teenagers enjoy it. I do love a good DIY tutorial though :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen gossip girl, but a friend of mi e loves it. I'll be sure to forward your blog post so she can have a look at the jewlery ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just finished watching all six seasons of Gossip Girl and I love Blair and Serena. These necklaces are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen the program BUT I do love a good craft and some of these are beautiful! I will have to give the top necklace a go for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I lovely the spikey necklace! I must admit I haven't seen the programme though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. never seen it either and i don't know what it's about BUT i know that i do really love that necklace!! so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great guest post. I'll be checking out her blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never got into gossip girl for some reason but I loved the fashion from the few episodes I caught. That necklace is stunning, I can definitely see how it was inspired from the show x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't seen gossip girl but my friends rave about it. Love the necklace though - definitely a statement piece x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some fab DIYs. Haven't watched Gossip Girl for ages, must get back to it

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never watched Gossip Girls, but the jewellery looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My youngest daughter is loving Gossip Girl and trying to get me into it. I am not hooked yet!! Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that necklace. Perhaps I should watch gossip girl for some clothing tips

    ReplyDelete
  22. I used to love watching Gossip girl but haven't watched it for years! I love the necklace. Great diys! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVED Gossip Girl for years, but then kind of fell out of watching it for the last couple of seasons. Their wardrobes were always to die for, though (Serena was always my fav)! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I love Zen jewellery! You picked an amazing blogger for a guest post! I have neer watched Gossips girl... can you imagine?

    ReplyDelete