MotoGp meetup

Tuesday night, while spending my time on Facebook a notification popped up. I went ahead and clicked on it only to find that my boyfriend had shared a link post. With Silverstone race weekend coming up there was going to be a meet and greet with several riders.

British MotoGp riders Bradley Smith, Cal Crutchlow, Scott Redding, Moto2 Sam Lowes and Moto 3 Danny Kent along with my inspirational rider MotoGP Double World Champion and current Championship leader Jorge Lorenzo.

I was ecstatic!!! These were riders that I always watched flying across the screen and tomorrow they were going to be only a few inches from my face!!! I would have the chance to meet Jorge Lorenzo, the rider who inspired me to get onto a motorbike!!! A dream come true!!!

That night I rang boyfriend up and chatted excitedly about going. How I was going to get all their autographs and see Lorenzo and be able to speak to him. Then my anxiety decided to take over. The what ifs, scenarios, all sorts of issues popped into my head. Oh god, could I actually do this?! From being excited at the chance of a lifetime to see them to possibly not going to see them...what was I to do?!

The next day I threw the covers off, rushed around to get the place sorted, changed my clothes, put on a pair of comfy shoes, grabbed an umbrella, took a deep breath and left. I was going to go. I had to go!!! How many chances did I get to see them?! None!!! Now don't get me wrong I was still terrified but I couldn't let my anxiety get the better of me. If I didn't go, I would mope about it for ages. So off I went.

Getting there was easy enough. Dealing with the weather was a whole different story. It was pouring outside really bad. I was stranded at the park waiting for 4 hours till the MotoGp riders showed up. In the meantime I waited and watched BT Sport prepare the area with the riders bikes. Time passed quicker than I remember and before I knew everyone was huddled around the area waiting for the riders to show up...and then they appeared. One by one, in full kit they made their way over to the bikes.



BT Sport started taking their photos doing some filming and just getting their part done. I eagerly took as many photos as possible. Eyeing Jorge Lorenzo, I get excited at the thought that in mere moments I would be face to face with my inspiration. Satisfied with the photos I took, I raced to the start of the line.


British riders done with their part in the photo shoot and interview they made their way to booth but my eyes stayed on Lorenzo. Shaking in excitement and nervously glancing at the empty spot on the booth because signings had started and he was still being interviewed. I allowed people to go in front of my in the hopes that I would be able to get his autograph soon but then I watched as the interview finished and he was rushed off, past the booth and towards his next destination for the day.


Alarmed I questioned one of people working for BT and they apologised stating that he was headed off to another interview for the day. Well...there went my chance.  Still I wasn't going to just up and leave. I had pushed myself to get to where I was. I wasn't going to just hang my head and walk away feeling empty. On I went. First meeting Cal Crutchlow, a man of man words and me of only one. A basic and quiet 'hi'. Hmm...onto Bradley Smith who was hurriedly signing his name on the back of cards. I waited...waited...'um...do I just grab one?' he looked up 'yeah go ahead.' Sam Lowes, no comment got my poster, Danny Kent 'hi, here you go' 'thanks' and finally Scott Redding 'hey, here you go' 'thanks'. Empty spot with unsigned cards with Jorge Lorenzo, went ahead and picked one up and on my way I went.

Getting back home, all I could think of was 'I did it'. I had pushed past my anxiety and meet various MotoGP riders. I might not have meet Jorge Lorenzo but I did meet some other great riders. I might not have gotten the chance to do this but thankfully I overcame my doubts and insecurities. Hopefully next time I'll be able to meet Lorenzo and finally get that signature.






18 comments

  1. What a fantastic sounding meet up, all the engine sports seem to do some really good meets and have such great fans. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like loads of fun, I love these kind of events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the photos! And brilliant work on the autographs...sometimes you've got to be a bold little cookie and push past to get what you want :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sis and her girlfriend are bikers and would absolutely love something like this. Me on the other hand... clueless about it all ha! They look nice though :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sis and her girlfriend are bikers and would absolutely love something like this. Me on the other hand... clueless about it all ha! They look nice though :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an exciting time! It sounds like a lot of fun x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time! So cool to meet people who have been so inspirational to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great day out. It sounds like a fun day and fantastic for those who have a keen interest in moto GP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done for battling through your anxiety. Shame you didn't meet the star you really wanted to see, but yeay to the other guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fab meetup. Shame you didn't get to meet Jorge Lorenzo but sounds like a fab day nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A couple of years ago I was at an awards ceremony, and David Hayes was there. My OH is a huge boxing fan and begged me to get an autograph. By coincidence a woman at the same table as me knew him, so she arranged for me to go over and get the signature. Except, just as he starting to write the message the awards ceremony started again. It was televised, so there were cameras everywhere, and the one behind David couldn't move because he was standing up, still writing. Of course no one dared to tell a heavyweight boxing champion to sit down, so everyone had to wait until he was finished - including, me, just standing there like a lemon. I could have died from embarrassment, but OH was over the moon to get his autograph!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fantastic! I love the shot you've taken by Tower Bridge with the bikes in it. Looks like you've had a great day, and your anxiety was misplaced x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally get the anxiety you were feeling. Good on you to push past it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you had a great time. And well done you for going despite your anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like an amazing day out glad you enjoyed it Hun. I love cars for racing bikes scare the crap out of me. And amazing job for putting your anxiety in place and over coming it
    Found you via Facebook comment link

    Www.dream1ncolour.com



    Found you via Facebook comment link

    Www.dream1ncolour.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you had so much fun. Lovely photographs by the way.

    Daniella | Freshly Pressed Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also like this type of events! looks like fun!

    Dominika

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like such a great event. My uncle would love something like this as he loves his bike.

    ReplyDelete