Inside my makeup drawer Part One



It's a mystery even to me as to what I keep in my makeup drawer. I'm continuously chopping and changing what I need and don't need so today was an investigation/clean up day and look at I own!!!


I was in dire need of some new makeup brushes so last year as a Christmas gift, I received this set. It contains 23 different brushes from foundation to blush to sector. It comes with a roll out makeup case making it easy to carry around from place to place. Very handy for someone like me who travels quite a bit.


Foundation time!!! Now I know that I have a couple of posts about cruelty free but I'm not about to waste anything that I have so the two foundations that I do have are Bare Minerals in medium beige and golden tan. That I will set with my translucent pressed powder from MUA. If by any chance I'm looking a bit pale then I'll use a small amount of the perles de soleil bronze from The Body Shop.


Face set and ready, time to move onto eyes. I only own one eye shadow palette which is from Sleek called the Ulta Mattes V2. The other shadows that I own are from The Body Shop the colours Blueberry Night, Blackcurrant Affair and Midnight Flirt. I also have from Lush, Quietly Motivated and Sophisticated. Depending on the occasion I might feel like doing some serious contouring which came from Ebay.


Time to get those eyes on point so I use these three products. Liquid eyeliner from MUA which I have fallen in love with. I'm all about precision when I do my eyeliner and this felt eyeliner is a miracle worker. Plus, when it's on it stays on no matter what. I'll cover my lashes with the Extreme Curl mascara also from MUA and put a bit of white pencil liner, bought from The Body Shop, to make my eyes pop.


Not every girl out there likes to wear falsies but I adore them. They give you that extra bit of kazzam to your look. Most of the pairs that I own came from a Japanese store online. I especially love them as you can achieve a doll like look with your eyes as well as a natural look (depending on the brand). I also own two boxes that I purchased from Ebay but not too big a fan of them. They're really uncomfortable and hard to put on so I keep those for formal events.


How important are eyebrows?! I've gone from having no eyebrows to having natural eyebrows. Again depending on the look I want depends on what I'm going to do with them. These days I fill them up lightly with the eyebrow pencil from The Body Shop in the shade blond/auburn and I'm out the door. Going out with friends or for a special event I use the liquid brow gel. Both bought from Ebay (actually purchased one and got the other for free) because I was looking for light brown. They state light brown but in reality one is darker than the other.


Last thing before I march out the door is to put my lipstick or no lipstick. I use the pertroleum jelly to smother on my lips before I go to sleep so that my lips are nice and hydrated the next day. If you spotted it, yes I do wear black lipstick. Full on and these days I've been using it to shade in my lips espcially if I'm wearing Marilyn by B. The other colour for when I want to go for a bit more natural is a light coating of Orchid.

It's not nearly as much makeup as some girls wear but through the years my love of makeup hasn't grown much. I rarely use it but it's all there in my drawer if I need it.

What are some of your favourite brands?

18 comments

  1. Lovely makeup products. I should do a similar post. I enjoyed taking reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ! If I do my drawer perhaps it will be in 6 parts posts :) loved yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great collection! I really want to try the Sleek Matte palette as Sleek shadows are so great for the price.

    Daniella | Freshly Pressed Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking through other peoples make up and seeing how they use their products! I'm a right nosy person hahaha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    Lovely pictures. My favourite cosmetics brands are MAC, Kiko and Catrice. I also like MUA but I can't get it in Germany where I live at the moment.

    What Nadine Loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these kinda of posts, probably because I'm super nosey ahaha. You have the perfect capsule collection that works for you! I really want to try some Lush make up products too! I may well just go after seeing yours here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo your contouring kit looks just like mine that I blogged about last night. I love it, and such a bargain! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo your contouring kit looks just like mine that I blogged about last night. I love it, and such a bargain! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great collection! I do like a good nosy at what other people have x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love being nosy and seeing what other people's collections look like! haha xo



    <a href="http://www.natashakendall.com/”>Natasha Kendall | Beauty and Lifestyle</a>

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post! My favourite brands are Nars, Kiko, Urban Decay, Chanel and Dior!

    www.katiemeehan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you have a whole make-up drawer, great pics too!

    Catstello | www.cattitudeandco.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing peoples make-up stash, though I never ever use Vaseline on my lips, it is so bad for them x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love MUA, it means I can go a little make up crazy without worrying about showing my other half the receipt ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK I really want to come and rummage in your draws now, what some fantastic make up bits :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never tried fake eyelashes. I always wanted to try it but I am simply too scared to apply them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore the flalsies too!! I have loads of them lying around because I always re-use them. Eylure are definitely my face :)

    - A

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a lot of falsies! I have never been able to get to grips with them

    ReplyDelete