There's a little town in Spain

Riberia, a small town located in northwestern Spain. It's where my mums side of the family reside during the cold months and it's where a lot of my time is spent. Not many people visit this town as it's small and doesn't have a lot to offer. To me it's a comfort not only because of family but because of the familiar shops and ocean boarding the town. I don't go to this town to go on exciting adventures, I go there to escape the bustle and noise of London. To be able to have some quiet time, left alone with my thoughts about the future and present.






As the weather is very warm, I was able to go to the beach a couple of times. Corrubedo is a small village only 45mins away from Riberia. It's my favourite place to be in the summer and fortunate for me my grandparents have a small house there where the family gather once the weather has improved. The ocean is blue and the seagulls continuously sing their songs. No tourists around but then I don't believe many people know about the small town. Great food, cool ocean and lots of memories. Corrubedo will always be the place for me. 



Have you got a country you continuously visit?

4 comments

  1. We visited Spain once when we were little. Never made it to the beaches, but did take in a bull fight and see a lot of touristy things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely wonderful to have somewhere to escape to during the cold months! It looks like a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like my kind of place! I often go to Italy, particularly around Florence and the Tuscan Hills. I even got married there and it's the first place I think about when planning a trip away. We're trying to venture out a bit more now but that will always be one of my go to European getaways. K x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to visit Spain someday!!! Your photos are simply breath taking!!! Just love them :)

    ReplyDelete