My Journey to Weight Loss


It's in magazines, on ads, TV almost everybody looks great with an a body that seems ideal to your eyes. It leave a longing of wanting to fit in with that crowd. I know that I am one of those people. Someone who has constantly fought with my weight and lost as many times as I have won I've decided to embark on another journey to get to the weight that would let me smile without any worry.

The start of March I joined my local Virgin Active gym. Being persistent with only one rest day in the week I joined several different classes and did my own routines. Before the end of the month I was notified that the gym would be shutting down and when it occurred I re weighed myself and took my measurements. My weight hadn't changed but my measurements were down by inches. I had to be doing something wrong. It couldn't have been with gym as I was an active member and made sure to exercise for at least an hour. That left me with the option that were I was going wrong was with my nutrition.

I admit it! I'm a lover of greasy, fast food and all that is unhealthy. It's easy to cook and easy to get when you get back home from a late night shift. That's something that I want to change. Not to go straight for those easy choices. To change my food perspective. By default I want to go for the healthier options. If there's a plate of hamburgers I want to be able to say 'not today' and go for the plate filled with healthy options. Of course that doesn't mean that I want to abandon unhealthy foods, it's nice to treat yourself once in a while.

So day one, I got my weight and and goal set. Come pay day I have a gym in mind that I would like to join with classes that interest me. With my new diet, I hope to achieve something that I thought was impossible to do.

7 comments

  1. It is very annoying that diet is just as if not more important than exercise. I often find that when I push myself and do loads of workouts it doesn't necessarily change my weight although I feel much better. But when I have veg and fruit for a week there is a big difference. Good on you for starting out! Looking forward to following this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree and it's taken me a while to realize that I can't just depend on exercise. After a week with a change of food I lost 3.5 st which came from the food alone. Combine that with gym and the results should hopefully blow my mind.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with it all, I think diet is about portion control and shrinking the stomach. I used to try lots of diets that didn't work, but portion control combined with exercise has made two dress sizes difference.

    #UKBloggers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with portion control. I make my own food so portion isn't an issue for me and it only takes a few mouthfuls before I stop eating. It's a big difference to how I used to eat when I was living in America but definitely want to put the exercise in.

      Delete
  3. Good luck! It's hard to loose weight but having a plan really really helps. I try and 10 minutes of light exercise a day and it's a good goal with somedays being a little more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 minutes a day is a great way to start to introduce exercise into your regular routine :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck on your journey! Could it be that, at first, you were gaining muscle (which is heavier than fat) and this is why your weight was still the same? I hope you will ultimately be successful at losign weight too.

    ReplyDelete