2015, a year to become fit and healthy


A new year has passed and it's the most popular resolution for woman and probably for some men as well. Renew and restart, to get back on track or to try again with becoming a healthier and happier person.

I've always been a slacker when it comes to keeping a track of my eating and exercise routine. This month however I've picked it up once again. Last year I got myself an Ipod Touch 5 as my old one has started to become unresponsive. With it I've been on the hunt for good fitness apps to help me attain my fitness goals.

My favourite resources are Blogilates, Tone It Up and Nike Training. Two of the three don't require you to have any equipment while the third does at times depending on the workout they have arranged for you in the day. Shall I share a little about each one?

Let's start with Blogilates.

Now probably a lot of you are familiar with this one already. As stated on her website Casey is a certified fitness instructor and the creator of POP Pilates. She's got her own Youtube channel where she posts her free workout videos with a new video every Monday. When you sign up to her news letter before the start of a new month she will send you a letter with a password that you use to download your free copy of the monthly schedule. There are links provided below the days that take you directly to the workouts on her Youtube channel. The app is just as good as it's on you at all times so you don't have to print out the schedule and can easily check off all that you have done as you complete the workouts.

Click here for her Youtube channel
Click here for her Apple app
Click here for her Android App


Moving onto Tone It Up

Karena and Katrina are the fitness gurus behind Tone It Up. Both personal trainers and lifestyle coaches. With a website and Youtube channel the two coincide. Their website has a lot of information not just about health but lifestyle. It's inspirational and motivational. Now I haven't had the app for very long and the reviews did throw me off but I downloaded it and have yet to see how it goes. Like Blogliates they have a news letter for you to sign up with though it doesn't come with a monthly schedule instead it directs you to their webpage where you can get a weekly schedule that changes every Sunday.

Click here for their Youtube
Click here for their Apple App


Finally Nike Training.

Nike!!! Nothing to get excited about really but as the sad person I am I'm pretty excited about the app. I was able to get my own workout program after answering a couple of questions. I successfully completed day one and it left me breathless and sweating like crazy. A good workout completed in 30 mins. Each day is different as you're able to add running if you choose to. Depending on the level and focus of your workout changes the intensity and amount of time it takes to complete the workout.

Click here for their Apple app
Click here for their Android App

Three apps that make being fit easy to do without the need of having to be a member of the gym. 2015...what else is in store for me?

3 comments

  1. I have seen blogilates before and determined to actually try it once my get up and go is here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this post! I'm trying (and struggling) to get fitter, I need to try blogilates!

    ReplyDelete